1. I have placed the baby sweater into time out. I did not want to do it but the sweater forced it’s hand. For the SECOND time, I followed the metric measurements instead of the inches and wound up with a sweater front twice as long as it should have been. Two. Times. I have done that. So it sits.
2. The trees, they have small buds on them. Woot.
3. I am itching to start another sweater (for me) but I’m a bit stuck on the pattern. I really love acer but I’m thinking it will make me look rather football playerish. (in the shoulder area) (My natural shape is round so do I really want that kind of design?) (but? I love it so!) I have some wonderful black water abbey yarn colorway Wine.
4. I am still Diet Coke free. I am taking a bow and accepting accolades and encouragements. I will not put that crap into my body again. I had a weak moment on Friday night thinking about a Saturday morning without my wonderful DC. I started to think that I could drink one and no one would ever know. But *I* would. I’d only be cheating myself. I have kicked that can. And I’m glad. I haven’t gotten out of the woods yet but I am pretty stubborn when I want to be and I will not drink it.
5. My apologies to the Diet Coke division for your lagging sales in this upcoming quarter. I’ve done my part over the years for you but this is the end of the road.
6. I have talked so much about bowel movements with my Mom that I am starting to believe that it is commonplace to have these kind of conversations in every day life. It does not even phase me anymore. I can just imagine my next knitting get together:
Me: Hey! How are you?
Knitter: Great! You?
Me: I love your sweater! It looks even better in person!
Knitter: Thanks! Yours too! I always did think you were a knitting god! (Okay, this is my fantasy, let’s just go with it, okay?)
Me:How’s the kids?
Knitter: Great! Getting big!
Me: the husband?
Knitter: Oh, you know him! Kind of a pain but wonderful!
Me: And your bowel movements? How many a day??
Knitter: Fairly regular
Me: Not too soft or hard, are they?
I bet you can’t wait to bump into me at the next knitting shindig, hmmm?