Things that Thrill(er) me today.
- As I was passing the yarn store on the way to the Registry for a Fast Lane Transponder, an afghan in the window caught my eye. I stood there for a couple of minutes admiring the aran stitches, imagining myself curled up with it during the cold of winter. The yarn store had not opened yet and I had a date in the Registry to get those transponders. (Thing I am not thrilled about? Waiting for an hour in the Registry for my turn only to be told that the Computer System is Down and to go away. They did not tell us to “go away” in those words but that is what they meant. I’m sure of it)
- Okay, well, after that hour of sitting and waiting, I had to pass the yarn store again, with every intention of stopping in to buy that afghan pattern. They were not opened yet even though it was 10:20 am and they advertised being open at 10. Whatever, I thought as I stomped off.
- Well, that didn’t sound too THRILLING, did it?
- But? After work, I headed to the Registry again and only waited about 3 minutes for my turn! Yay!
- We now have 2 transponders that are (allegedly) set to work this weekend when we travel through 3 tolls to spend the weekend in New Hampshire!
- A long weekend gives me a THRILL(er)
- This may be the biggest THRILL(er) of this list: I DO NOT WORK AT THE REGISTRY. Holy mother of god, those people are miserable!
- I bought the afghan pattern on the way out: Ravelry Link: Aran Afghan. Only 1 person has knit it. I guess we’ll have to change that, eh? Link with a great picture and the pattern to download. THRILLerING is it not?
- Did I mention how THRILLed I am to NOT work at the Registry? Do you think you have to be grumpy to work there or that you get grumpy ONCE you work there? Any Registry workers out there?
- My family is now home. When they are all away and I get ME time, I am so glad to have a full house again.
- My silver lining Earrings. If that is not a THRILLER, I don’t know what is!
- (I am doing my own small,personal tribute to Michael Jackson with my blog titles. Have you noticed?)